Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What's wrong with me? (woman advice)?

I'm a 17 year old girl, and have hair inbetween my breats, sort of dark, like darker than the fine hair. hair on my upper lip, sides of face, stray ones on chest, neck and alot on my back. i read some mediterranean people get it, i am half algerian, but my family on that side are not that hairy, my dad isn't like really hairy anyway.


so i went to the doctors and i showed her, she wrote on the piece of paper 'hirsutism' and i needed to get fbc (full blood count) so i went to the nhs centre got some blood tests. I booked an appointment with my doctor but she was away so i had to book it with another female doctor. I went to her and told her what i had and she showed me the results, everything was normal, like all my blood levels, and my testosterone levels were normal, so im guessing i have no male ones or something. anyway she said i was fine and that i'm naturally hairy, this upset me alot cause i was looking for answers how to treat it and she didnt seem to care, i dont think this is natural, some of the hair inbetween my breasts is thick and im hairy on upper arms too, i hate it soo much.


she asked if my periods were normal or heavy and i said they were heavy at first and then normal. she was on about polycystic something sydrome, my periods arent irregular, the sometimes come a day late though. theyre heavy at first, then they get ok, i get lots of stomach pains at first though.





I really want to get rid off all this hair but dont have alot of money, i might go to my doctor again (first one)





i really need advice, lots of people say i'm pretty and stuff, but i dont feel it when ive got hair all over me, it really knocks my confidence and hate living like this





help please!What's wrong with me? (woman advice)?
I am sympathetic. It matters so much to a young woman.


Hirsuitism is...


Common and often familial.


Is a diagnosis of exclusion and thought to be related to disorders in peripheral androgen activity.


Onset occurs shortly after puberty with slow progression.


There are no other signs of virilism, normal menstrual function and normal investigations.





You probably know about bleaching, waxing etc.


There are medicines that work by blocking the action of androgen hormones. It can take several months before any effect from the medicines can be seen and they can cause side-effects such as headaches, depression and bleeding in between periods. Although treatment with anti-androgen medicines can slow down hair growth and make it thinner, once you stop taking the medicines hirsutism will probably come back.


It might help if your doctor would give you a referral to a dermatologist.


I think you should book an appointment to see your regular GP, the locum doesn't sound over sympathetic and helpful.to a dermatologistWhat's wrong with me? (woman advice)?
Some people are just hairy.


It's a fact.





Nothing your medical doctor can do for you. (It sounds like you are not hairy enough for medical treatments!)





The only thing you can do is maybe get electrolysis or maybe laser treatments.
Go to a salon and they can advise you about waxing or bleaching the hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment