Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Advice about exercise in pregnancy from experienced women?

My husband and I are only about 9 weeks right now, but it's important to me to maintain a healthy weight, and eat the right things for me and our child. I work at Target about 5 days a week, and am on my feet for about 4-5 hours each day..walking..bending down..and all that. It's definitely not strenuous, but I was just wondering if I should still take walks at home and what not. I lift small weights every other day (I lifted before pregnancy). I was about 115-120 pre-pregnancy, and hope to gain around 25-30 lbs this pregnancy. I want to gain enough weight for our child to be healthy, but I am really into fitness, and staying healthy. Any suggestions? Thank you :).Advice about exercise in pregnancy from experienced women?
It's fine to do light exercises like walking and lifting weights (no more than 8lbs is recommended). As long as you are feeling up to it - and your doctor hasn't indicated a reason why you shouldn't exercise - when you get home and you want to walk you should be okay, however you really need to listen to your body. Pay attention to the signals, if you are tired do not over do it with the exercising.





It's just as important to rest as it is to exercise when you are carrying around a little one :)Advice about exercise in pregnancy from experienced women?
I felt just like you did when I was 9 weeks... i'm 38 weeks today. I was told by my doctor that I could continue with my regular workout routine but, not to increase the weights I was lifting pre-pregnancy. I kept everything up through the ';all day'; sickness and everything until I hit about 5 or 6 months. It gets hard to breathe as you get bigger and those weights seem to feel heavier and heavier as time goes by. Good luck!
yes walk if yo ucan even on breaks i did I was 123 after baby i was 113!! I gained 16 pounds but I lost some baby was fine ,


my pregn now i am not working and dont walk as much as it is winter and i live in the courty in idaho


I have gained a bit more i think 12 so far at 26 weeks
It is perfectly safe to exercise while pregnant. You do not have to limit your exercise at all but if you are interested in putting on some weight you might want to try some meat or carbs. Those seem to help place extra weight. Good luck!
Continue what you are already doing. Pregnancy is not the time to start any new routines, but it's fine to keep doing what your body is used to doing.


Be sure to speak to your Dr about this as well
If you talk to your DOCTOR he will tell you that you can do anything that you did before as long as your body is used to it and you arent doing anything new or anything that ups your heart rate.
how is your husband pregnant? lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment