Monday, August 23, 2010

Any advice for a newly incontinent young woman?

Maybe you guys can offer me some advice I haven't received elsewhere or that I haven't thought of myself. Recently, as the result of some health problems, I'm left totally incontinent (as in: no control of my bowels or my bladder). There isn't much my doctor can do for me at this time, so I more or less have to deal with it. Its very tough considering that I'm 21 and I enjoy being out socially.





I feel like a baby, honestly, having to wear ';protective undergarments'; (though, lets face it, they're diapers) and having to constantly worry about when I'm going to have my next ';accident.'; I haven't told my friends much about it yet, and I'm afraid to. Furthermore, I'm afraid to even go out in public much anymore for the fear of being humiliated in front of everyone, regadless of whether they're familiar with my condition or not. Even if I was with all my friends, I don't think I can be comfortable having to excuse myself because everyone knows I just had an accident.





Thanks!Any advice for a newly incontinent young woman?
well if your friends are truly friends then they shouldn't be bothered or laugh at you. If they do they are losers and get rid of them. Your condition is not something that you asked for nor is it your fault and you should know that. Bottom line is you don't have to disclose your situation until you are comfortable and when you do you shouldn't feel bad about it because its life and everyone has something or other that they either wished they didn't or they are not proud of make the best out of your situation and be happy that you are still here!Any advice for a newly incontinent young woman?
See another doctor, one that will help you with your problems. You are way too yound to be having this problem and it can be fixed. Try doing kegal exercises to tighten muscles up down there





kegal.exercises.biolifedynamics.com





cut and paste this into your google bar
Hello,


I worked for many years at a MN company called America Medical Systems. They worked along with Dr. Bradley at the Baylor College of Medicine to develop an artificial sphincter muscle. This is how it works, it is a surgically implanted device. A cuff is attached around the neck of the bladder, where the natural sphincter is. Attached are some tubes and the tubes lead to a small reservoir filled with some fluid. There is a small bulb implanted in the labia Majora. When you do not wish to urinate you simply pump the bulb, this forces fluid into the cuff and stops the flow of urine. When you wish to urinate you squeeze another part of the bulb, this releases the fluid from the cuff allowing urine to pass, after you are done voiding you simply pump it up again. This has given people just like you a life again, I would suggest you contact them or a urologist that does the procedure. Again American Medical Systems, Minnetonka, Mn. Best of luck.
  • pores
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment