Monday, August 23, 2010

Dealing with sexual depression in pregnancy? Woman's advice please!?

Ok Heres the deal. I'm 32.5 weeks pregnant with baby number 3. With the first two i was pretty happy and energetic throughout both the pregnancies and myself and my hubby had no problems having sex. With this one though, i feel completely different as i am a little bigger than i was with the other 2 and things ';inside'; feel different and awkward too. I love being intimate with my partner, and i'm getting really depressed that i can't / don't want to be because of the way im feeling, and i know hes suffering too as it's not about the sex itself as it is about connecting with each other... Is there neway that i can beat this? I just want to get back to feeling like me again...Dealing with sexual depression in pregnancy? Woman's advice please!?
Things are different with this pregnancy. You are a little older this time, you have more children to take care of and consequently you are bound to have less energy. Thoughts and possibly a little bit of fear about bringing another person into your family has got to take some kind of toil on your mind. That together with the fact that you are 8 months pregnant... I'd be surprized if you didn't have some of the feelings that you are experiencing. What ever the cause, the outcome is the same.


So what can you do about it? Well as you have pointed out, you love being intimate with your husband. But intimacy is not just about having sex. Just laying together once the children are in bed and sharing your thoughts and feelings about this wonderful miricle that you have created with your love, might be just what you need to get those fires burning. Just get sex out of your mind and spend some time together. Holding each other and touching without a specific goal in mind may bring out some new and stronger feelings of intimacy in you and your husband. I do realize that men have needs, but assuming that he is not a Neanderthal, I am sure that he would understand if you told him what you are feeling inside. Explain to him that these feelings are as much physical as they are emotional and that you need him now more than ever. I bet you that his love for you and the life that you are growing inside of you will bring out a side of him and you that you may never have seen. Dealing with sexual depression in pregnancy? Woman's advice please!?
ahh I feel ya. Its so depressing not being able to have the same sex life with your partner like before you got the belly. I know that me and the hubby have def. lost our mojo the last couple of months but we are always just reminding each other how awesome it will be when I feel and look like myself again. We tried to try ';it'; last week but it was so uncomfortable. So I would just try and hold out a little longer and just think about how good it will be when your all done healing after your angel arrives.
Well the thing you can do is:...... Spend time together on the little things like going out to have dinner, sitting and watching the sunset and listening to each others feelings. Then of course if the actual intercourse hurts/feels weird then of course you can have him pleasure you in other ways(clitoral stimulation) as well as you being able to give him oral (if you feel up to that). Have him give you back massages (or whatever other kind of massages lol :) and do the same for him. Hopefully you'll just bounce back after the little cutie is born :) Hope this helped!!!
I felt like this at the end of my pregnancy too. Maybe just enjoy time spent with each other like cuddling, kissing, going out for romantic dinners (get someone to babysit) and even oral stimulation if you feel like it. You don't need to be having sex to connect to one another.





Once bubs is born, I'm sure you'll be in the mood again!





Good luck!
i wanted to start off by saying to 'samantha' that maybe she has step children, or something??? actually, i just looked at her profile and she does have step children so that is why she considers haveing 5, but this is HER 3rd child. so she wasnt asking to be investigated on, she was just asking a question.





anyways, i know how you feel. im only 28 weeks and im already miserable and feel too big to have sex...it sucks. but im sure your husband doesnt mind how big you are. i agree with someone above me who said to enjoy other things like cuddling.





congrats!
Personally I think you should talk to your partner about they way you are feeling and find out how he is feeling and maybe you need just a little bit of time to get used to the different way you feel this time around.





Good luck
Not every pregnancy is the same and there are more things besides sex that you can do together! Your in the home stretch now to so not to much longer and you can be back to having all the sex you want! Good luck!
You need to talk to your partner about how you are feeling and maybe you guys could try something new.
Although you may be feeling that sex is not for you right now, there are plenty of other ways you can both stay intimate.


I'm currently 38 weeks pregnant with baby number one and I can totally relate. My partner and I haven't had sex for roughly three months now and it can be really depressing. But by doing the following things hopefully you can start feeling better really soon.


Some of the ways we stay intimate otherwise are:


-Cuddling


-Telling each other how attracted we are to each other


-Oral sex occasionally


-Making sure we spend time together


-Communication, communication, communication.





I hope this helps! Things will get back to normal soon enough I'm sure...You are beautiful and you are doing a beautiful thing! Sex will come back if you both want it to.





Best wishes!
How about a bubble bath and taking time out to cuddle with him.





Also, maybe you could try buying some really sexy underwear and showing it off for him one night!





It is hard, I am 15 wks now and still repeat to myself on a daily basis that I am beautiful and that my husband loves my baby body. It just seemed to change so much and it was really different to how I was before. But this mantra really helps me to feel more sexy, beautiful and wanted. And to enjoy everything more





Otherwise, maybe just stop pressuring yourself and wait for the arrival of the baby. You aren't far away and I am sure that everything will settle back into place soon





Good luck
';I'm 32.5 weeks pregnant with baby number 3.';





your name is ';mummy of 4 soon to be 5';





did you make a typo? because i doubt that you just forgot about your other children.





now with that being said, im not sure what can be done, other than talking to your partner and trying to explain to him whats going on and that its not him making you feel that way, its sort of a side effect of pregnancy.





EDIT: all apologies. i dont usually read peoples profiles. i did not mean to offend anyone, i just thought that it was a typo. im sorry that i came across as rude, and i hope that you find a solution to your problem.
  • pores
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment