Saturday, August 21, 2010

Need a woman's advice!!!!!!!?

out of respect i have caught myself calling a woman ma'am when they are clearly not much older than i am.... do you get offended when someone calls you that? i'm 32





Need a woman's advice!!!!!!!?
it just depends on the person.


I personally don't get offended by it because it's not like they are trying to be rude. And I know I'm not old so it's no big deal to me.Need a woman's advice!!!!!!!?
I'm 24 and people call me ma'am all the time. I do get offended...I actually can't stand when someone calls me ma'am but you have to realize they're just doing it to be nice. But I wish more people would get into the habit of using miss instead of ma'am.
Yes.
It broke my heart the first time someone called me ma'am instead of miss, but you get used to it. It's better to be overly respectful than not, most of us get it and appreciate it.
I'm 19 so I prefer ';miss'; but I also understand when a guy (or a girl) refers to me as ';ma'am'; they're simply trying to be polite
Depends on the woman I think. I think it's cute, someone else might get offended. But I think it's very respectful and gentle-manlike, not condescending.


I believe men have been made insecure about being Gentlemen, just because women have been giving them mixed messages, so if we want to be treated well, we should not be all ';tough girl doesn't need help';.


Keep it up and don't get discouraged!
I'm 25, I get addressed as ma'am and also use the term. I find it to be respectful, not offensive.
Terms of respect do not bother me at all. The mere fact that someone has the where with all to even use them shows they have manners. Why should anyone be concerned with the use of ma'am? It shows no disrespect. Maybe only to those who hold on to some antiquated idea that a person has to know whether someone is married or not. Women are only miss when they are either quite young (and 30's do not count) or one actually knows they are unmarried. When did ma'am become a term that would offend?
~~No, to me it's just a polite way of being spoken to. ~~
Hells no


I don't get offended, in the military 21 year olds who are officers get addressed as ';Ma'am';


it's out of respect and courtesy..


anyone who gets offended needs to take a good look at themselves, at leats they're not being called, ';kid'; or'; that woman';





yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment