Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Any advice for a shy woman who is going to have a babyshower?

What do I do at the party???Any advice for a shy woman who is going to have a babyshower?
Have the shower after the baby is here to take the focus off of you. Other than that you have to endure everyone rubbing your belly. Silly games were they try to guess how big you belly is with a piece of yarn. Basically you unwrap the presents, hold it up for everyone to see, make a big deal about how cute it is, and have someone write down who got you what so you can send out thank you notes. And people are more forgiving about not sending out thank you's if the newborn is at the party. Its dismissed at not having the time.Any advice for a shy woman who is going to have a babyshower?
I'm not really ';social'; either. I love my friends and family but am shy around strangers or those that I've just met. Relax, though, you know these people and you don't need to ';pretend'; to be someone you're not. I'm sure a lot of them know your personality and are not expecting anything more from you than to have a good time and enjoy your party.
I am shy too. I hate being the center of attention! My husband's Grandma's were there. One of them intimidates the heck of me. I'm not sure she likes me. So my best friend made it worse and talked about what we did when we were teens. Not good stuff! When I had mine, I was technically on bed rest. I had to get out though. So, I had my husband drive me. So everyone was willing to help with everything. Just try not to think of everyone looking at you and enjoy the presents! It won't be so bad. Everyone is there for you because they want to be. Have fun!
Well you must not be that shy regarding the fact that you are with child. I'm sure it wasn't the Immaculate Conception. I'd say have a couple cocktails...but in the condition you are in....let's go with games. They have so many cute baby shower games you can find online...once you get the ball rolling things will flow. People like to talk about themselves...let them...be a good host! These people are there to see you, support you...it won't be that bad. Relax for yourself and the baby!
i'm shy too. anyway, sometimes i have to do things and am scared to death, i'm going to find myself in an embarrassing situation, so i take a good friend with me...seems like he always knows when i'm in trouble and comes to my aid. know i'm shy and has never been judgmental. hope this helps.





oh yeah, CONGRATS.
I think it'll be fine. Your friends all know you and know that you are shy, so it isn't like they will be expecting you to suddenly be incredibly outgoing. Just be yourself and enjoy the party.
I am shy too, so I feel your pain!! Don't worry though, all the people who will be at the shower love you!! You have nothing to be uncomfortable or uneasy about. Just open gifts, eat cake and have fun with your friends!! Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment