Saturday, August 21, 2010

Older guy friend (mid 40s) asked me for advice in how to make himself attractive to women in their 20s?

I said I'll get back to him once I ask around for a variety of opinions on this topic.





He isn't bad looking. Full head of golden greyish curly hair, well educated, intelligent, literary, polite, nice, generous, kind, and very funny. Boyish face, blue eyes, fair complected. He dresses well and is very clean in his personal hygene. He is a big man, but he could stand to lose a few stone too. He is an American who has travelled extensively, so he can relate well to the outside world. However, his downfall is he is enormously shy with women when he first meets them.





So I think I know what to tell him on an individual level what he should do to attract a woman, but I don't know what to tell him on a general level on how an older man can win the heart of a much younger woman.





Any thoughts ladies? What would a guy in his mid 40s have to have or do in order for a girl in her 20's to take a second look?Older guy friend (mid 40s) asked me for advice in how to make himself attractive to women in their 20s?
Wow! Just my type....love older men....I'm 26.....I can't explain it though....my mating genes are f****d up....we're supposed to go for young and virile.....there are some strange girls out there like myself but not many.....just be yourself.....go for intelligent girls who share the same interests....be confidentOlder guy friend (mid 40s) asked me for advice in how to make himself attractive to women in their 20s?
tell him to just sit at a bar with a fist full of cash and licking his eyebrows.
I would question why he wants a younger woman, especially if he is shy.





Maybe he thinks he will be able to control them?
I don't think this is the answer you want - I feel quite strongly that men who actively seek women 20 years younger than them are inadequate and/or going through a mid life crisis.





It is a different matter if two people meet naturally and fall in love - then age does not have to matter. I'm not saying that a large age gap is ';wrong';, only that I would be cautious about advising someone on how to go about seeking a relationship based on age.





Have you asked him why he isn't looking for women of his own age?





There are lots of young women who would be attracted to an older man - but the psychologist in me suspects they would be looking for a father substitute in some way. Again, I'm not saying this is wrong - but a relationship stands more chance of working if the two people are equals and have much in common.





It sounds as if your friend might be a bit narcissistic - thinking on the one hand that he has something to offer a woman young enough to be his daughter, yet on the other, perhaps having quite low self esteem. He might think it is easier to be with much younger women because he is shy and has a feeling of inadequacy.





He's your friend and you want to help him and that's great. I think you could help him by being kind but realistic - be tactful, of course!





Think of yourself too - don't spend too long helping your friend with his self esteem. What about your self esteem?
Why is he so superficial?





What he expects women in their 20s to look at him when hes 40 but he wont look at a 30 or 40 year old woman?





He sounds fat and ugly. Tell him unless he looks like Hugh Grant or is rich like Donald Trump he has no chance in hell.





Actually he does have a chance with a 20 something - its called a mail order bride catalogue and if we wants one thats the only place he's going to get one.





I hope you tell him the full range of views and not just the people who lie to make him feel better.
He should stop looking for someone so much younger than him. It's cradle snatching. If he and she were 15 years younger he would be a paedophile.
Sounds like a middle-aged saddo, going through a midlife crisis.
he should stop maybe in their 30s but most 20 year old dose not want to date a forty year old unless he has a lot of money
He should look for a woman around his own age! Unless he is filthy rich I dont know that a 20year old would be intersted (not that I agree with being a gold digger) But yeah, If he gets over his midlife crisis, He can come to Australia where I have a Mother who is single and mid 40's who would love a man! haha
I think he should ask himself why especially women in their 20s? Is he trying to prove something?

No comments:

Post a Comment