Thursday, July 29, 2010

Adult men and women - please give me a little advice?

Alright, so I'm a 29 (single) female with a huge crush on my 42 year old single male neighbor. Him and I are really good friends and spend a lot of time together - nothing has evergone any farther than just friends.





Last night when I got home late from work, he called me. He always calls me when I come home late. Anyway, we got in this long conversation and it turned to sex. I tried getting him to tell me when the last time he had sex was because I knew it had been a long time (same with me). Anyway, he finally broke down and told me it was in December. I got him to tell me who it was with and it was just some random woman. No biggie. I told him it was great that he god himself some. Anyway, I was busting his balls a bit and telling him that I can't believe he just has sex with random women... and he says to me, ';Hey....... this was back in December when you and I weren't talking. Come on!';





What did he mean by that? Anything? In the beginning of December we got in this argument and didn't talk the whole month. Now he is telling me he went out and had sex with some random woman that month (because we weren't talking)? I'm confused. I'm just wondering if he may have a thing for me, too.





I know we aren't in high school anymore - but we live very close to each other in a very, very small neighborhood so we have played everything pretty safe.





Might he be interested?Adult men and women - please give me a little advice?
lynn email me or IM and i will give u my ideas 51 and very experienced hope to hear from you





larryAdult men and women - please give me a little advice?
why dont you two stop playing kid games, go out on the date that someone else mentioned and see what happens.





you sound upset that because you two got in an argument he went out and had sex. thats reserved for wives, not a neighbor where to date you two dont have any formal relationship anyway.
He's interested, but I would be wary.





You two are friends. FRIENDS. You got in a fight and the first thing he did was go and get nookie from a stranger because of it?





What happens is you get into a serious relationship and have a fight? Will he cheat on you with a random stranger?





Eh. He has a thing for you, yes. But I would be careful hon.
yes, he is interested.


it seems that he needed to get you off his mind so he went off with that random girl.


sounds like he really likes you :)


ask him over for dinner and a movie and see how that goes.


good luck!
He sounds very interested. Ask him out on a ';formal'; date.... dinner and.
H-mmm I actually disagree with with everyone here I don't think that's a sign of interest. You guys weren't talking at the time, and that's when he had sex with someone. I think he was just being specific about the timeframe?? H-mm, I think if he were interested in you, you'd have a lot bigger clues by now. Guys don't act coy like women do when they're interested. He would have at least given you a look, or tried to hit on you, or offerred to cut your lawn, or SOMETHING! If this is all ya have... I would put all of my eggs into one basket if I were you.
He's a typical male, he takes an opening when he sees one- he had a thing for you, but when you stopped talking he thought it was the end of it so he went to play in someone else's backyard. Now that you're talking again, he's holding out, hoping you'll do it with him- judging by the convo you had, it sounds like it would be soon. He's purely into sex, and nothing else. He might monogamous with it, like.. only having one sexual partner for an extended period of time, but nothing more, as with him, as soon as he's given indication for it to be something more, he's out the door.. If you have any intention of getting into a mature, serious relationship with someone within the next few years, stay very clear of this guy, he's a sweet talker scum bag.


This guy is only good for safe sex, and that's it. He's 42, and single for a reason.. don't give him the pleasure.. especially if he's a neighbour.. this could get bad, very fast, or dangerous... sorry.. I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but he's a desperate slimeball..


Even I'm getting creeped out and I'm probaly thousands of miles away..
Sounds like he might be interested. That said, I tend to play the cynic when you have sex with a guy without there being a conversation about context of it or a declaration of some sort of emotion. But, like I said...I play it that way for self preservation.





Seems to me that you two are not in high school anymore and should be adult enough to have a conversation about any feelings involved, what the sex means if anything, and if your friendship could become anything more.





Be honest with him about what you're feeling, the fact that you're confused and trying not to read in to things he says or does. Hopefully he'll respect the fact that you're being honest in your emotions. You have to prepare yourself for what he might say as well...he might just feel friendly towards you, and got carried away in the moment.





You also have to be adult enough to not make things awkward should things not go the way you want it to. If he replies in the negative, that he's not interested in you that way, tell him you need some time to yourself to digest that information and move on.





Good luck...remember, if you want anything to happen, you have to take a chance and put yourself out there. If it doesn't work out, everything will be okay and you'll get over it given some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment