Sunday, July 25, 2010

Guys in their 20s asking out an older woman...advice please?

I'm a single woman in her mid 40s and without children. I had spent a long time with one guy and we broke up a couple of years ago. As luck has it, I look a lot younger than my years and am frequently taken as a 30 year old. I also take good care of myself by keeping fit and eating very well. Because of this I am often asked out by guys in their twenties. The problem is, I am often attracted to them too. You might say 'what problem'? Ok, true, if an attraction is mutual why not go for it but in reality, I feel a bit insecure about the level of maturity of these guys and usually turn them down. I am not really attracted to men in my age group so I feel frustrated at this situation. I want to date a guy who is able to have a stable long term relationship with me. I fear that these 20 somethings are just looking for a fling or sexual experience with an older woman. Can these relationships really work..like real love? Or will the want a young girl for a baby etc?Guys in their 20s asking out an older woman...advice please?
yes they can definately work! as long as you both love each other than the age doesn't matter. just make sure you're not controlling or too clingy because that's not what a young man wants in a woman!Guys in their 20s asking out an older woman...advice please?
it can if there is mutual feelings, i guess, but the situation may change if they are not true.
If I were in your shoes, I would not date a guy in his 20's. Unless he is very mature, has a career and not into playing games. Most guys in 20's still want to play the field. But their are others who are ready to be mature and have serious relationships. Plus some guys do not want children. So I do not think that is a factor. Its great you look like your in the 30's, but I would try to steer clear of these young ones.


Good Luck
age doe's not matter.I married an ';older'; lady,we've been together since 1990.IT is entirely up to you, find the right guy and enjoy life.It's your life.
I think you've answered your own question. I suspect they will use you for the experience but ultimately, they will want to settle down and start a family with someone their own age...sad but true...
Quite right Slodge - most young guys are out for what they can get and then run.
You cannot tar all young guys with the same brush. Granted there are many that have watched too many movies and have the MILF syndrom (Mothers I'd Like to F***), others may be truely genuine and see beyond the age difference as at the end of the day the age is irrelavent. It is all about two people in companionship. My advice would be to spend time with them get to know them, let them wait six or eight weeks before having sex - if they can wait then its genuine - if not they will be long gone within a few weeks or days!
I think you have to ask yourself what you really want, if it isn't guys in their twenties you have to politely but firmly turn them down, and decide what your preferred age range actually is.
I'm man and its a notch on their bed post if they get between your sheets. Something to brag about to their lads in the pub.
You are right to be cautious. Although it is a huge generalisation - most 20 yer old blokes would think all their christmases and birthdays had all come at ones if a fit and attractive 40 year old appeared interested in them. On the other hand - within reason, you have the right to do what you want with your life - and if that includes bedding some young men in their prime of life then why not. As far as finding a lasting and loving relationship with someone that age - well, your instincts are already informing you of that probability.
everyone is different, i have friends where the guy is 14 years younger, he's mature and she's quite youthful, you can't know unless you give it a go. All men in their 20's are not immature


good luck x
Young men are stupid . And even though the statistics show that women out live men any where from seven to ten years , it won't do a drop of good at 40 cause he won't have any brains till he is at least 40 ,so if he is thirty , thats ten years from now , he'll leave you , before your 50 ,,then you can start looking again for a 40 year old . who may be asble to take advantage of the fact that you still have your looks ,,, SO hang on to them ,,cause young men are stupid ! ! ! ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment