Thursday, July 29, 2010

Women & pregnancy- I need a little advice?

I know this question is strange and may provoke a heated response, but I need to hear other peoples opinions and advice. I am deathly afraid of becoming pregnant. I do everything in my power to prevent it, taking both oral contraceptives and using condoms, etc. everything short of practicing absitinence. I feel that sex is one of the most beautiful bonding experiences on earth and I am in a wonderful loving relationship, but I cannot reconcile this with the idea that I could ever possibly become pregnant against my will. I know life isn't fair and it is no-ones fault that women are made this way. How can I get over this feeling of hating my body? I've long since lost my religion on account of this because I cannot believe in or love any god that would make me this way. If you have nothing constructive to say, then please be respectful and say nothing.Women %26amp; pregnancy- I need a little advice?
If sex were not as fullfilling, loving, and such a meaningful bonding experience, we likely would not be reproducing enough to keep the human race going. Sex is designed as a means of reproduction--the fun of it is simply what makes us want to have it, and thus babies are born.





You can equate it to food. Eating can be an immensely pleasurable experience, but eating decadent foods can result in ballooning to obesity very quickly. Should you hate your body because it doesn't allow you to eat your favorite fatty foods? No...all you can do is take precautions by eating sensibly. Likewise, you protect yourself from pregnancy when you have sex.





Many women love the fact that their bodies allow them to become pregnant, to nuture a baby. The fact that you do not particularly like this idea doesn't mean that anything is wrong with you; you simply have a different view. Being frustrated with condoms and pills is one thing (plenty of us don't enjoy them), but actively hating your body may be extreme.





I would suggest speaking to your doctor, or even a close friend, if you find that your reproductive ability bothers you significantly. Perhaps learning more about the powers of women as mothers may help you to change your mind about your body. You certainly do not have to become a mother to appreciate the beauty of pregnancy, and I applaud you for accepting the fact that you choose not to become a mother and take appropriate measures to avoid it. But, perhaps you need to talk about it more, to understand what is going on. You shouldn't have to hate your body, and that's the only thing that concerns me about your question.Women %26amp; pregnancy- I need a little advice?
Maybe you just don't want children right now. My friend didn't want kids when she got married and she even talked about having her tubes but then she was 25, and nows she's 34 years old and has the cutest 18 month old baby boy. And I'm bet she's glad she didn't get her tubes tied when she had thought about all those years ago.
If you don't want to become pregnant go and fix that problem, have your tubes tied.
Babies are life.


just knowing you created that should be good enough,
Some women just feel like it's their ';job'; in life to have children, while others feel the complete opposite.


It's okay for you to feel the way you do about pregnancy and birth.


You shouldn't hate your body for this. (We'll except when you get your period! Then every woman hates being that way!!!)





And your personal beliefs about life is what you make of it. No matter what you should always be happy with yourself and not let what others get to you. If you choose never to have kids then that is your choice. If you do want kids but can't put your body through that kind of life change, then there is always adoption.





Good luck with whatever you do!
Some women never have the desire to have children.. maybe you are one of them. Dont feel like you are a bad person for it, its okay to not have the motherly desire. I personally am pregnant right now and love it.. I never thought I would enjoy it before, nor did I ever even think I would/could get pregnant.. but here I am , and boy has my mind changed. I feel wonderful.. there are certain things however that I still do not have the desire to do.. one of them being breast feeding..I feel that my breasts are and always have been a sexual thing to me.. feeding my child from them would be odd and I therefore I have decided not to breast feed.. I dont think that makes me a bad person.. it just makes me ..ME..


One thing you have to remember is, you are you.. you are never going to be any different, and life is a beautiful thing, be happy for what you have..and live life to its fullest :)
Pregnancy and the changes that come with it are very personal. If you aren't ready, willing and able to be a mother, then you are doing the wisest thing possible -- prevention.





It's not possible to say if or when you will change your mind, nor what would cause that change.





For your own peace, stop viewing this as hating your body. Your body was made the way it is because biology dictates that somebody's got to be made this way. So half of the human population wins two X-chromosomes in the coin toss of creation. But remember that you were also born with a logical capacity and free will. Be glad that you have the ability to create a new life; also be glad that you have the intelligence and will to decide whether to exercise that ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment