Saturday, July 31, 2010

Seeking the advice of long-time happily married women...?

I seem to be getting annoyed with my boyfriend of almost a year. How is it that some days we get along fantastically and I feel an overwhelming sense of love for my boyfriend, and other days I am annoyed with him? We live somewhat far apart and only see each other on the weekends with maybe a day here and there during the week. When we spend a long weekend together is when I feel the most happy but after I haven't seen him for a long time is when I am aware of the little nuances.





Is it just part of a normal relationship where somedays you are ';on'; and others you aren't? Or is it because of the inconsistency in our schedules? I spend the majority of my time of thinking and acting like an independent woman and then every once in while I play the part of someone in a serious relationship.





I worry because I know we are headed towards a committed relationship and I don't want to become one of those wives who nags. I guess the big question is, is this more than likely due to the fact that we are in a long distant relationship and having to deal with the merging and disconnecting of our lives so often or are the little things that bother me an indication that we aren't that well suited? At what point do you know if you are compatible enough?Seeking the advice of long-time happily married women...?
';I spend the majority of my time of thinking and acting like an independent woman and then every once in while I play the part of someone in a serious relationship.'; Well, you have the right attitude as far as being a mature woman goes. You should always have your own independence. So that being said, I think you are on the right track.





To answer your question about being compatible enough, only you can know and/or feel that my dear. But basically, what you're describing is pretty normal.Seeking the advice of long-time happily married women...?
You sound unsure of this relationship. Is there a concrete reason why the two of you can't live closer to one another so you can spend more time together to see how it goes? Are you annoyed because you don't see him often enough? You didn't say what causes you to feel annoyed with him...can you give more details?
Hubby and I met online and dated 18 months long distance. We are very happy together and will be celebrating 8 yrs of marriage in a few months.





If you are having problems now, they won't magically disappear when you are together 24/7! Maybe you need to rethink this relationship - sounds to me like he's not the one you want to commit to for long term, good or bad, etc. for the next 50 yrs.





My saying is ';if you can picture yourself with this person long term for 40-50 yrs and still are happy with everythingj, then that is the person you should be with';. If you can't - end the relationship now.





Before we married, we know in our hearts that we could picture being happy 50 yrs from now with each other (if God allows us that much time together).

No comments:

Post a Comment