Saturday, July 31, 2010

Any women out there with pcos? I'm 19 and have it and need some support/ advice. Thanks?

I have PCOS was diagnosed 2 years ago and I moved from NY to WV and the doctors down here don't believe me and my symptoms.Any women out there with pcos? I'm 19 and have it and need some support/ advice. Thanks?
In the US alone, 8-10% of women have PCOS (there are many more who have it and are not aware of it or have not been diagnosed). If you want support, there are many forums/blogs online for groups with PCOS. Also, I would suggest a great book to read that will make you better understand your syndrome: The Hormonally Vulnerable Woman by Geoffrey Redmond M.D.Any women out there with pcos? I'm 19 and have it and need some support/ advice. Thanks?
I have PCOS. I am 44 and was informally diagnosed in 1990. My ';womanhood'; has been a nightmare, especially during my 20's and now in my 40's. I have only recently discovered information about PCOS I should have known when I was younger. Now it is too late for me since I am going through Peri-menopause now (now I have other problems).





I'm sorry to hear you can't find a good doctor in your area to treat your PCOS.





The best doctor to go to for PCOS is an Endocrinologist. They specialize in PCOS and other hormonal disorders. Many doctors (Gyns) don't know enough about PCOS to treat it. Plus many give the wrong treatment.
In case you are overweight, I lost a lot of weight and the PCOS problem solved itself.


I changed what I ate, i stopped eating sugary things, chips, fast food.


I ate more protein and vegetables. Insuline and PCOS are often tied to each other.


I'm 23 now, I have my period regularly again.





Edit: Forgot to say, many doctors dont even know what PCOS is, you have to find a different doctor who knows about the symptoms, that is your right and it is urgent for you to take meds.

No comments:

Post a Comment