Saturday, July 31, 2010

Just want some honest opinions..from women thats been in this situation maybe? kinda long, but need advice! =)?

so me and my partner have been together for almost 7 yrs. I found out that I was pregnant in January. 3 more months to go with a baby girl! =)





anyways...sometimes I feel like im in the wrong for getting so upset with him..and other times I feel like I have EVERY right in the world to be mad.


I feel like he always has to be doing something...with his friends...and when he is with his friends, he is drinking. Im sitting at home...feeling lonely....while my boyfriend is out having a great time..staying up or out all night sometimes..its not a CONSTANT thing but seriously. We dont have the money for that. I just feel so ';let down'; sometimes. But he seems to think theres no reason I should be upset. He is just having a good time...which I understand..go out with your buddies, have a few beers, then call it a night.....but no...thats never enough. I dont know..im just getting tired of it...


and he made a comment...saying he feels like he needs to spend time with his friends now while he can..and have a little bit of fun before the baby arrives because he knows he will be spending all his time with me and the baby..and maybe I took that statement the wrong way but made me feel like j ust because were having a baby..his life is going to be over...ugh..dam hormones! Did you man act like this when you were pregnant..howd you deal with it? Am I over reactting?Just want some honest opinions..from women thats been in this situation maybe? kinda long, but need advice! =)?
hun i have 2 boys and i can honestly say that i carried and delivered them by myself and now i am raising them myself i had the same problem that you are having but turned into them never comin home again and i totally agree with you and this is a time that you need him most and he shouldn't feel or think that just because you guys are going to be parents in a few months that his life is going to be over because it's not the truth is it's just starting and he will realize that soon and if he doesn't then you need to make a choice hun nobody deserves to be alone when there is a strong relationship.my boys are now going to be 6 in nov. and 9 in jan. and i have done it all myself with no child support or anything from the fathers i have a very hard life but tell you what i wouldn't trade one single day because i know that i have my kids and i love them with all my heart they are now my life i no longer think of men i have had enough of them lol i have a no tollerence fiew when it comes to men and they way they act and your boyfriend is doing wrong and he will see that and all i can say to you hun is to be strong and maybe call up some girlfriends and have some fun yourself before the baby arrives and always remember try not to let him get to you cause stress and pregnancy don't mix hun i feel for you and i understand how you feel i have been there done that twice and it's not fun really but remember don't forget about yourself....good luck hun and congrats on your new baby to be...Just want some honest opinions..from women thats been in this situation maybe? kinda long, but need advice! =)?
He did during our first pregnancy and now he is a great father. While I do agree with you that your feelings might be hormonal, you are right and he should be around for you more, especially in the days to come.
I'm not a girl but I think that's wrong I think that you will always have time, No matter what! And this is the time you really need him.
most men are selfish thats all their is to it.
';While he still can';.....ah.


My husband has never said this to me, but I know guys who have had this mentality. A lot of them settle down and become great dads.





If your main concern is financial, why don't you ask about compromising? Maybe budget a set amount of money for ONE ';guys night'; per month? Or is it possible for him to have a guys night at home, like for poker or to watch a sports game?





My husband and I have an 8 yr old, an 18 month old and a 6 week old. His friends/work buddies have guys nights but they take turns hosting them at home. Beer is cheaper if you buy it and drink at home and you can still hang out and kick back.





The feeling lonely is partly hormones but you have a point. It all depends on how much he goes out. Anything more than once a month is too much for a couple on budget with a baby on the way.
Some times I feel like this. But then I jus tell myself that I'd rather him be out now then after our son is born. But when he goes out for ';man dates'; as I like to call them, I go out too. It helps so I'm not jus sitting at home and its good to go out with the girls before I have the baby and won't be able to much anymore.
You're pregnant. That in itself is really hard. I'm 35 weeks with my third child. This is my husband's first. I have the same argument with him. But I look back at it later and know her needs to go out and have time to himself either with his friends or whom ever. You don't feel like you need space now but in time you will. At least he wants to be there after the baby is born. My ex husband is my ex for that reason I had the same situations with him but instead of going out his friends were always over. So he'd be home but I'd still have to take care of OUR kids. Its ok to let him get it out of his system now. Plus when we're pregnant we're not the easiest people to get along with. Half the time now I don't even know what I want let alone expecting him to know. Sounds like you two are normal. So instead of sitting home alone while he's out having fun, try finding something for you to do at home or something u can go out to do for free. Its summer now there's a lot of things you can do without having to spend a fortune take advantage of it!
omg i've been going through the exact same thing!!! my boyfriend spends more time with his friends than with me!! he says he has to go out and have his fun while he can because he wont be able to when the baby comes, we've had sooo many fights throughout my pregnancy because of this and its finally starting to calm down, im near the end of my pregnancy (37 weeks 1 day) and now all he wants is for me to push the baby out already lol i think you should explain to him how much it bothers you, even if you have to do it over and over again, be mean about it if it gets the point across, that's what i had to do and eventually things should calm down, when you get to be further along and he realizes baby will come soon, i think it sparks the guys attention and they go into daddy mode. im not sure how it will work for you because obviously our men are different lol but that's how i handled it!! good luck dear!! and try not to stress about it too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment