Thursday, July 29, 2010

Any advice on how to not be shy around women that I'm interested in?

So I'm a 20 year old, friendly, 6'7'; tall, muscular, smart guy. I have no problem talking to people, even girls that I'm friends with. Even when I'm interested in a girl I'm alright and making small talk and stuff, but I'm always too nervous to ask them out on a date or say anything to show them that I'm interested. I'd like to have a girlfriend, but I'm absolutely horrible at moving past the friend stage, any advice? I'm tall and well built enough that I think most women expect me to make the first move, but I have a fear of rejection. Any advice? I've never even asked a girl out for a date(other than prom) or anything because I'm too nervous to do it.Any advice on how to not be shy around women that I'm interested in?
You are putting the proverbial cart before the horse in ';relationships';.





Don't feel badly, you are doing what most guys do: you see a pretty girl; you don't know anything or very little about her; you build up a whole ';fantasy'; about who and what she is based mostly on her looks, and what little you know about her, so that by time you talk to her you have put her on a pedestal she may or may not deserve to be on. Thus, when you actually talk to her, naturally you are nervous.





Stop it.





Each encounter with a girl, no matter how fine she is, should be viewed as a two way street: you are seeing what she is all about and she is seeing what you are all about. It is NEVER YOU auditioning for her (in the role of her boyfriend or potential boyfriend) and she, making the sole choice.





Early on, you both are really only getting to know each.





By building her up, by telling yourself that you are not as important in the initial stage of the ';relationships';, you will invariably come across to her as weak, not strong and certainly not confident.





And if there is one thing women like most about a man, that thing is confidence, confidence, confidence (and confidence in many instances is far more important to a girl than height and a nice build).





And please don't confuse confidence with arrogance or *********: those are generally turn offs.





The next time you see a woman who might be attractive, do not imbued her with qualities you don't know she has or does not have. Simply start a general conversation with her to determine if this is someone YOU want to get to know.





Last point: until you are ready to make a commitment to any one girl, talk to many girls.





No, this is not being a player if you are honest with them all that you are simply just getting to know people (girls) and you are not ready to yet commit. Talking to girls, getting comfortable with it, is like most things in life: the more you do it, the more you ';practice'; at it, the better you will be at it

No comments:

Post a Comment